Sunday, February 20, 2011

IHOP- Rt. 37 Toms River New Jersey


         After visiting The Cheesecake Factory on Friday, my boyfriend and I decided to go to IHOP the next day.  Due to the fact that the restaurant is located near Seaside, and it was a Saturday night at 11:45 PM when we arrived, IHOP was considerably busy. 
However, we were seated immediately in a booth upon request.  We followed the hostess to a section away from all of the drunk, rowdy guys that were also in the restaurant.  The restaurant was surprisingly clean.  I had been there before and was not completely satisfied, but it seemed as if they had really improved in that area. 
The waitress greeted us promptly and brought both of us a glass of water, as well as a pot of freshly brewed coffee for us to share.
Shortly after looking over the menu, I knew exactly what I wanted.  They had photo advertising a new pancake dish they were offering, and it sounded like it was right up my alley.The is the dish as described in the IHOP menu:

 CINN-A-STACK™ Pancakes
A stack of four fluffy buttermilk pancakes layered with a luscious cinnamon roll filling, drizzled with rich cream cheese icing and topped with whipped topping.

Instead of ordering four pancakes, I ordered the IHOP combo, which comes with two eggs cooked to order, a choice of bacon or sausage, and hash browns.  I ordered my eggs over easy, and I chose to order bacon with my meal.  
When the food arrived, I immediately went for the pancakes.  Not only am I a huge fan of pancakes, but ever since I was a child I have always loved cinnamon buns as well.  The CINN-A-STACK Pancakes came out looking delicious, just as they had looked in the photo on the menu, which is something I really appreciate while dining out.
Just as they looked, the pancakes also tasted delicious, just like a cinnamon bun from one of those stands that they have in shopping malls.  The eggs and bacon were  both cooked to perfection.  The hash browns, however, could have been cooked for a little bit longer.
We did however, receive great service even though the restaurant was pretty packed with young kids coming and going to the local bars.  I would recommend this IHOP in Toms River to my friends for a cheap, quick meal. Or, perhaps you have been to this restaurant and have had a bad experience. In this case I would recommend giving this IHOP a second chance.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment